Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Hello

Hello blog. And hello blog friends. It's only been 11 moons since I last sat on the net but it seems like a hundred. I am in Mumbai now, and needless to say it's been one helluva little-less-than-two-weeks.
For starters, here are some initial observations on the city, jotted down neatly (not quite) by yours truly on Day One, standing by my huge windows (which do not overlook the sea). I wrote them in my planner precisely for the blog, lest I forget. Here they are verbatim:

At the airport: cab guy refusing to take a guy out of line because a lady was waiting ahead of him. IMPRESSED

Gypped by cab guy (250 bucks from Santa Cruz airport to Santa Cruz) - NOT IMPRESSED

Building looking airy and better than expected. IMPRESSED

Pan stained neighbour (sorry make that pan stained mouth neighbour). NOT IMPRESSED

Pan stained neighbour friendly and helps with suitcases. IMPRESSED

Other side neighbour stops, says hello. IMPRESSED

Tough talking building lady secretary who allows small cartons to be brought up in the lift and then later shouts at packers not to stall lift: hmmm... NO COMMENTS

I think my blog shall be filled with lots of these entries. So read on. In the meantime, my review of Naach in another blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger writer-in-egg-style said...

Lift stalling is bad neighbourliness, I guess, and Bombay is pretty much into such unspoken codes of behaviour.

14 January, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kannalaane? (Tamil)

14 January, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"NO COMMENTS".

"NO COMMENTS"?

19 January, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You promised alotta bloggin'...

... so please don't let us down.

15 February, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that (Mr Anonymous, above). Also, that Tamil song from the Mani Ratnam film has a Hindi version as well... correct?

20 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home